I have become aware of a website whose name sounds a LOT like mine. It's called “SupplementSgeekS.com.” I am writing these words to make it officially known that this website has no association with me, the owner of Supplement-Geek.com, the site you are on right now. For those who are angry about supplements you purchased from SupplementsGeeks.com, you did not buy your supplements from me or at my website. You purchased your supplements from SupplementSGeekS.com. Their name sounds like my website but they are very different. As you will read below, I need people to be aware of this difference so they no longer confuse us.
My website, Supplement-Geek.com (and SupplementGeek.com) is NOT the same as SupplementSGeekS.com. Notice the similarities in the names? Because I value my reputation and the reputation of my website as well as the faith people have placed in me over the years, I feel I must now speak up about this issue.
Why Are You Talking About SupplementSGeekS.com?
While I have remained silent about them until now, I feel it is necessary to bring this up for the following reasons:
1. I have received several angry emails and facebook posts from customers of SupplementSGeeks who purchased vitamins and other nutritional supplements. Some of these people told me their supplements were not delivered or they had other issues with their orders.
In their anger, they lashed out at me by mistake. This happened so many times that I even tried to nicely reach out to SupplementS GeekS on social media about this.
They have never responded to me.
2. Even more serious, I have recently been made aware of several online negative reviews from people who mistakenly confuse me with SupplementSGeekS.com.
The website SiteJabber provides a place for people to list complaints they have about companies. Entering my website name (“Supplement Geek”) reveals 14 negative reviews from people who believed I was SupplementSGeekS.
People are saying my website is:
- an extremely bad company
- a ripoff company
- total BS
These people are accidentally leaving complaints about MY site when they meant to complain about SupplementsGeeks. SupplementS GeekS only has 1 bad review! All the other bad reviews meant for them are listed under MY WEBSITE!
This severely damages my reputation.
Unfortunately my website is also the first item returned on SiteJabber when people enter:
- “Supplements Geeks”
In other words, even when people are specifically looking for Supplementsgeeks, my website is the first thing they see!
SiteJabber needs to address major error with their search algorithm. They are giving people the wrong answer to their search questions.
Update: I reached out to SiteJabber about these issues. They responded promptly and and moved the negative reviews from my site. They also changed their search results too. So now, when someone searches for “Supplements Geeks,” that website shows up first – not mine.
3. When I perform online searches for ” Supplement Geek,” The SupplementsGeeks site shows up, near the top of search results. This confuses people who are looking for me and the valuable information I provide.
Because of this, I can no longer remain silent.
For those who have been confused about their similar sounding website name, I assure you that I have no association with
We are NOT the same website.
Supplement-Geek vs. SupplementSGeekS
While the names of our websites sound like each other, let me show to you some of the ways I am different:
1. Our sites are about TOTALLY different topics. The tag line for my website is “Supplement Reviews Without The Hype.” I write unbiased reviews of dietary supplements to help you decide if a supplement is right for you.
I do NOT directly sell supplements to people.
On the other hand, the tag line for SupplementSGeekS.com is “Discounted Vitamins.” People go to their site to buy supplements, not read reviews. SupplementSGeekS contains no reviews of dietary supplements.
Rather, they sell supplements to the people who visit there site.
2. Our websites look completely different. Unfortunately, this fact is missed by people who mistakenly leave me angry reviews about SupplementSGeekS, thinking that I am them.
I am not them.
4. On the about page of my site, Supplement-Geek.com, I tell you my name and my qualifications. I am very clear about who I am. I am Joe Cannon. I have degrees in exercise science and biology and chemist. I have been writing about dietary supplements since the 1990s and have even written a book about supplements. If you have ever emailed me, you know I personally write back. I have also personally answered thousands of comments posted on this site over the years.
I have no idea who runs SupplementSGeekS.com. The mailing address they list- 23332 Farmington Road 783 Farmington MI 48336 – is the same address as a US Post office. Their site lists a contact number of 888-407-9923.
5. The Better Business Bureau gives SupplementSGeekS.com a rating of “F.” When I visited the BBB site, they said they based their F rating on the failure by the company to respond to 11 of 12 complaints. See the BBB file for updates and more information.
My site – Supplement-Geek.com – does not have a BBB rating. That is because I am not directly selling supplements to anyone.
Can You Do Me A BIG Favor?
Over the years, I have worked very hard to build my website reputation by providing people with unbiased, science-based reviews of supplements. It means a lot when I am able to help people all over the world. And so, it saddens me very much when people mistake me for something I am not.
Please tell your friends who I am.
I am Supplement-Geek.com (and SupplementGeek.com). I am NOT SupplementSGeekS.com.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to read this. It means a lot to me.
Also see my reply to this negative critique at SiteJabber too