My name is Joe Cannon and I want you to know what I know.
I've been investigating dietary supplements for over 15 years.
First off, I'm not a doctor or pharmacist or dietitian.
I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology. That qualifies me as a “geek“, hence the name of this site – and I really am kind of a geek in real life too.
I am a teacher, writer, and the author of several books – including Nutritional Supplements What Works and Why.
In my other life, I train personal fitness trainers. Dietary supplements however, are one of my biggest passions. I like to know what works, what doesn't – and share it with others.
For more about me, here is my personal website.
I use science and rational thought as my litmus tests when I investigate supplements. That way, you get:
In other words, you get just the facts – in plain English.
If a supplement works, I'll tell you.
If a supplement doesn't work, I'll tell you.
- No supplement company influences what I write.
- No supplement company pays me to write these reviews.
- No pharmaceutical company pays to write these reviews.
I personally write all reviews on this website.
I link to research studies so you can double check my opinions.
My opinions are my own and I will always recommend you speak to your doctor before taking any supplement.
I'm the guy they don't want you to know about.
I reveal what what the advertisements and “experts” don't tell you.
I am an unbiased seeker of the truth.
And, I'm here to help.
My Brief Biography
For those who want more information about me here is a rundown on my background:
BS: chemistry and biology
MS: exercise science
Certifications: NSCA – CPT and CSCS and AAAI/ISMA
I teach personal training. In other words “I train the personal trainers.”
I've appeared in Prevention magazine, Today's Dietitian, been quoted in the New York Times and have been on Fox News.
I am the author of the following books:
- Nutritional Supplements: What Works & Why
- Personal Fitness Training Beyond The Basics
- Advanced Personal Training
- Nutrition Essentials: A Guidebook For The Fitness Professional
- Rhabdo: The Scary Side Effect Of Exercise You've Never Heard Of
- Personal Trainer Practice Test
- 101 Personal trainer Marketing Secrets
- How To Become A Personal Trainer
You can learn more about these and other books by clicking here.
For more information see this FAQ page.